STILL: National Still Life Award 2023
Still: National Still Life Award is here again in 2023 and will be exhibited in Yarrila Arts and Museum (YAM).
STILL: National Still Life Award 2023 has a prize pool of $35,000.
The Winner of the $30,000 award will be select by guest judge Max Delany, Artistic Director & CEO – Australian Centre for Contemporary Art.
What is STILL: National Still Life Award?
Now in its fourth iteration, STILL: National Still Life Award is a biennial, acquisitive award for still life artworks across all mediums.
STILL 2023 invites fresh and contemporary explorations of still life themes and highlights the diversity and vitality of still life in Australian contemporary art, broadening the interpretation of this enduring genre.
The award is open to artists across Australia, at all stages of their careers. STILL 2023 will be the first National Still Life Award presented at Yarrila Arts and Museum (YAM).
How are artworks selected for STILL: National Still Life Award?
Finalists will be selected by a panel which includes:
- Senior Curator Yarrila Arts and Museum
- Ashleigh Frost, Curator Yarrila Arts and Museum
- Rachel Piercy, Director Manning Regional Art Gallery
- Lisa Paulsen, Art Collector
Important dates for STILL: National Still Life Award 2023
- 20 March – Applications open online
- 04 June – Entries close
- 10 July – Finalists notified by email
- 07 August – Finalists announced to the public
- 07 October – Exhibition opens and announcement of winner
- 03 December – Exhibition closes
This award would not be possible without the generous support of our major sponsors, saso.creative and Bryant McKinnon Lawyers, along with our supporting sponsors, Moving Art, Andrew Peace Wines, Harbour Magazine, and Friends of Coffs Harbour Regional Gallery.
Do you have a question?
More information will be available soon. Sign up for the museum and gallery newsletter to stay up-to-date or